Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Tierra Encantada is the leader in Spanish immersion early education®. We provide families with a premium, high-quality Spanish Immersion daycare and preschool option. We are expanding through regional and national growth for corporate and franchise centers. We are proud to be one of the fastest growing private companies in Minnesota and one of the fastest growing women-owned private companies in the United States.
At Tierra, we value diversity and know that diversity makes the world a better place. We are team-focused, always willing to help our colleagues out and you will never hear someone say something isnʼt in their job description. We take ownership and are accountable for our tasks and responsibilities. This means we are resourceful and find the answers we need and donʼt add to our colleaguesʼ plates just because it is easy. We have a passion for excellence and are always working to make things amazing for our staff, our families, and the children we care for. These core values guide our decisions to hire, and only candidates that align with those values will be considered.
This position will be joining our Operations team and will be assigned multiple corporate centers within a District to oversee. The District Manager will serve as the overall owner of operations management and center execution for the District. Leading, coaching and developing Center Administration will be an important piece of this position as a way to create mission impact and contribute to the growing success of Tierra Encantada.
The District Manager position is best suited for someone that excels in a fast-paced, results-oriented, start-up environment. This position works under the direction of the Director of Field Operations and will be based out of our corporate office in Minneapolis.
● Lead multiple teams across a number of locations through efficient daily operations
● Owns being the go-to leader for Center Directors and occasionally Center Administration from the District
● Ownership for overall program safety, quality, and TE standards
● Ownership for licensing aspects: yearly posted licenses, licensing visit, prep licensing visits, citation responses, appeal responses, licenses updates, etc.
● Report to headquarters team with weekly check-ins
● Ownership for creating and coordinating event calendars and field trips
● Ownership for exceeding the expectations of Tierra Encantada families in our program through well run facilities and excellent customer service by self and field team staff
● Ownership of all family grievances, center related issues or reports that need to be investigated – conduct TE investigation thoroughly and communication is streamlined during any of these situations
● Supports physically at a center that is underperforming to identify problems and solutions, implement change toward solutions, and ensures that the center(s) are running operationally to TE standards
● Ownership of expenses & budgets of each center in the District (staying within budget for yearly expenses)
● Ownership for all facility related situations to maintain a high quality environment in our centers
● Evaluates performance of all staff in the District and provides feedback through the
Center Administration teams with the goal of making the program better andmore impactful
● Create, execute and communicate in-service training agendas, annual trainings, required training/certifications and execution plans as needed
● Provides ideas and partnerships to create team building and team culture activities in the centers monthly to increase retention
● Written and verbal communication is always presented at a high level of accuracy for external and internal teams appropriately and build solid working relationships
● Conduct quality checks in-person and on cameras to ensure licensing laws are being consistently maintained and coach in the moment when necessary
● Responds to and owns security at all locations
● Maintain and safeguard confidential information
● Ownership to fulfill required training requirements for self and staff, and support center objectives in achieving accreditations
● Supports PCC preparations and attends PCC meetings
● Utilize Microsoft 365 and Google Suites on a daily basis
Qualified candidates will have the physical ability to perform essential job functions, this includes the ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time, to have unrestricted use of the upper and lower body, hearing and vision within normal ranges to be able to adequately ensure the childrenʼs safety, to li and carry up to 40 pounds, to chase a fleeing child, to join childrenʼs play actively, and the ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, and climb stairs. This position will need to be current on First Aid/CPR certification or will be able to provide a certificate of completion of an approved pediatric first aid and CPR training within 90 days of hire. Employees are responsible for renewing and maintaining a valid, current CPR and pediatric first aid certification at all times. Must pass background study, fingerprinting, and e-verify.
Tierra Encantada strives to foster a climate of purposeful inclusion, where all can feel safe, valued, and cared for. We cherish the diversity of humanity, which includes differences in sex, age, race, ethnicity, and national origin, range of abilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, financial means, education, and political perspectives. This guides our decisions pertaining to employment, enrollment, and curriculum design.
Pay, Benefits, and Schedule:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Benefits include discounted childcare, paid training, medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401k with match, parental leave, eleven paid holidays, and four weeks paid time off (pto) per year.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: 401(k); 401(k) matching; Dental insurance; Employee discount; Health insurance; Health savings account; Paid time off; Parental leave; Professional development assistance; Referral program; Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: Minneapolis, MN 55406: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person