How this uses STEM
- You can talk about how rainbows are formed- when do they appear?
- You can also talk through the chemical reactions in the making of the slime! What is combining? If you add much or too little of the borax/water mixture, what happens?
Tierra Tips to Engage your Little Helper
- Name all of the colors you use in this activity- in English and in Spanish!
- Warm water
- White Glue
- Food coloring
- A spoon or something to mix with
- Mix one teaspoon of borax with one cup of water water. Make sure all of the borax dissolves!
- Pour out some of your white glue (there is no specific measurement- it depends on how much slime you want to play with!)
- Add the food coloring of your choice!
- Little by little, add the borax/water mixture to the glue, and mix them together every time.