Tierra Tips to Engage your Little Helper:
- There are lots of ways to work on your little one’s fine motor skills in the kitchen! Stir in the sauce, break long spaghetti noodles before dropping them into the pot.
- With lots of components of this recipe happening at once (hot surfaces, cooking meat thoroughly), you can review kitchen safety with your preschooler!
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ onion, diced or grated
- ¼ cup asparagus, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup corn
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1 pound pasta- any noodle you’d like!
- Mix in a large pan, brown the beef as you mix in all of the seasonings.
- As you cook the meat, add in the asparagus, carrots, celery and corn. Cook until beef is browned and vegetables have had time to warm/saute.
- Add the tomato paste and mix. Saute for an additional minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and mix. Turn the burner to a lower heat setting to allow the mixture to simmer.
- On a separate burner, boil a large pot of water. Cook the pasta according to the box directions, usually 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and mix it into the beef sauce- and enjoy!