Tierra Tips to Engage Your Little Helper:
- Take the snack prep time to learn about the animal you’re recreating! Where do these animals live? Do they swim, walk or fly? We’ve included some animal facts and lessons in the video tutorial.
- After making these animal-snacks, try and come up with your own! You could create polar bear pancakes, spaghetti and meatball snails…the possibilities are endless! Make sure to tag us @tierraencantada if you come up with something new.
Ingredients and Materials:
- “Dolphin food” (we used a golden raisin)
- Cut bananas into halves- the half with the ‘stem’ is the side used for the dolphin’s mouth. The other half you are free to eat right away!
- Using your marker, make a dot (the dolphin’s eye) near the stem.
- Fill your cup up halfway with blueberries.
- Place the banana half on top of the blueberries in the cup, then tuck away more blueberries around it.
- Snip an opening into the banana stem using the scissors, and place the ‘dolphin food’ inside the opening (the mouth)!
- Pretzel Sticks
- Peanut Butter or SunButter
- Raisins or Chocolate Chips
- Tool to poke holes in the apple (we used a wooden stick)
- Cut the apples into halves, and place the halves cut-side down.
- Cut a V shape out of the apple half- the half will stay connected at the bottom, but it will look like there is a slice missing.
- Use your hole-poking tool to make two holes in the apple for the antenna, and place a pretzel stick in each hole.
- Put peanut butter dots all over the apple, and place a chocolate chip or raisin on top of the peanut butter.
- Frozen (or fresh!) waffles
- Peanut Butter, SunButter, Hazelnut Spread or Cream Cheese
- Apple Slices
- O’s shaped cereal
- Toast or cook your waffle.
- Smear your spread of choice all over the waffle.
- Place three blueberries on the waffle, for eyes and a nose.
- Place two apple slices on the waffle for tusks.
- Sprinkle the O cereal all over the waffle and enjoy!