How this uses STEM
- Water spreads from salt grain to salt grain- a lesson in how different substances interact when they aren’t opposites!
Tierra Tips to Engage your Little Helper
- Sprinkling salt, drawing with glue, squeezing drops onto the paper- these are all steps any age group can do, while developing their fine motor skills!
- What kinds of color combinations can you make on your snowflakes? Mix different colors in the water and make a page of rainbow snowflakes!
- Construction paper
- Food coloring
- Spoon or dropper
- Using glue, draw snowflakes all over your construction paper.
- Before the glue dries, sprinkle salt all over the glue snowflakes.
- Shake off any excess salt.
- Mix food coloring and water.
- Using the spoon or the dropper, sprinkle drops of the water and food coloring mixture onto the salt.
- Watch the color crawl up the salt!