- Both the Saint Paul Public Library and Hennepin County Libraries host frequent storytimes and playdates for little ones, all across the metro!
- The Flint Hills Family Festival is an arts festival full of performances, workshops and interactive activities! On June 2nd, kick off the weekend with music and food, and on the 3rd, check out all the family arts and culture offerings!
- Local author Siri Garnaas is launching I Just Am, a children’s book about emotions! On May 6th, you can attend a raft party to celebrate the book.
- St. Paul children’s bookstore, Red Balloon Bookshop, brings in local authors for storytimes and treats at least twice a month! Check out the list of upcoming events.
- Looking for something more active? The Rock and Roll Playhouse is heading to First Avenue for a dance party for little ones! Free admission for kids under 1.
- The Quarry Hill Nature center has a series of Good Natured Kids events– one right around the corner, on April 12th, and one on May 17th!
- The Rochester Public Library hosts a series of Family Storytime & Literacy Activities, and even more slated each month- check out their full calendar of events!
- The Chicago’s Children’s Museum has free Family Days on the last Thursday of the month through May- and then again in September and October. The upcoming dates include April 27, May 25 and September 28.
- Lakeshore Learning hosts free, in-store events, and on April 22, they’re having a Sensory Fair! This event will explore texture, color and more- just like we do in our classrooms!
- Earth Day is coming up- and you can celebrate with a free family movie! Cinemark Melrose Park is showing The Lorax. The event is hosted by Collaboration for Early Childhood.
- Collaboration for Early Childhood hosts frequent family-friendly events- like an Infant Massage Workshop on April 17th!
- Is your little one interested in insects? Stop by The Insect Asylum for one of their kid-friendly events on Fridays and Sundays!
- Join the Trailside Museum of Natural History for Earth Day festivities and drop-in programs!
- Rheudasil Park Pond is hosting a kids fishing event! The youngest ages that can participate are between 4 and 5 years old, and they’re bound to have a blast!
- Success on the Spectrum is opening their brand new learning center and throwing a family fun day to celebrate (and you can take a look at their new center as well)!
- Family Fit Fest on April 29th, focuses on health and wellness through all stages of life!
- May is Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month, and you can celebrate and learn more with a free family weekend party at Sammons Park!
- Looking for a Mother’s Day Activity? Try the Mother’s Day Market with lots of different local vendors!
- On Friday April 14th, pile in the car and watch a drive in kids movie– don’t forget the snacks!
- The National Children’s Museum has events tailor-made for little ones, like Baby Jam every Friday and Steam Story Time every Thursday!
- The Dr. Seuss Experience is an exhibit running in Washington, DC, through June- immerse your family in a world of color and cool creatures!
- Teeney Tiny Book Club happens monthly, and features different authors and activities like music, a mini library and more!