Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Cups
Tierra Tips to Engage your Little Helper:
- After washing your hands, the ingredients can be a sensory experience! Carrots are smooth, oats are dry- your little one can evaluate each ingredient!
- Pouring, stirring and cracking eggs are all great ways to develop fine motor skills!
Ingredients (makes 24 oatmeal cups!):
- 2 cups shredded carrots (4 medium carrots)
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 cups old rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 teaspoons milk, to thin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the shredded carrots, applesauce, eggs, milk, maple syrup and butter until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients: oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; stir well to combine. Fold in raisins.
- Evenly distribute oatmeal batter in a muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until oatmeal cups are set.
- To make the cream cheese glaze: in a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Drizzle or pipe over the oatmeal cups.