Our mission to provide healthy, organic meals to growing and developing kids doesn’t just pertain to inside the classroom- we want to help you do the same at home! This spinach tortellini soup is a great winter recipe packed with greens and protein.
Tierra Tips to Engage your Little Helper:
- This is a colorful dish- identify all of the colors as they go in the pot! Say them in Spanish as well!
- For younger kids, this is a good recipe to develop fine motor skills like measuring, pouring and stirring.
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Minced Onion
- Chicken Sausage (pre-cooked and sliced, or ground and sauteed)
- Tortellini or Pasta
- 1 jar Basil Marinara
- 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 package Spinach
- 1 Zucchini
- In a large pot, add the olive oil and minced garlic. Let it simmer for a minute or two, and then add the minced onions.
- If your chicken sausage is cooked, add the slices into the pot. If it is uncooked, saute it with the minced ingredients.
- Pour in the chicken broth and let simmer.
- Add the jar of marinara, let it all boil and stir occasionally to mix!
- As it boils, you may add water if the soup seems too thick.
- Add the package of tortellini or pasta, let cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and add the veggies- they will cook very quickly!
- Top with parmesan and enjoy!